EWeek Global Marathon
Join the Global Marathon presentations promoting women in engineering
As part of CH2M HILL’s support of Engineers Week, employees around the world will be sharing their professional experiences and expertise with young women around the world through the upcoming Global Marathon.
CH2M HILL employees will be participating in panels in Brazil, Mexico, and the Middle East as well as hosting a water panel that will start the day of programming in China. Additional details on CH2M HILL’s participation are detailed below. View the full schedule of regional programming.
About the Marathon
Who: 8th Annual Global Marathon For, By and About Women in Engineering and Technology
When: March 5-10, 2012
What: Connect with women in engineering and technology around the world to network, gain new knowledge and contribute to dreams, ideas and actions that will change the world. Six days, six live webcasts, six regions around the globe: China, India, Latin America, Middle East, North America and the UK/Europe.
How to Connect: All registrants will receive an e-mail in advance with login instructions.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012 – Latin America Program
Professional Development as an Engineer (en Español)
Elisa Guinea, CH2M HILL Delivery Center Manager in Mexico City
11:45 am – 12:15 pm Mexico CST (12:45-1:15 pm U.S. Eastern)
Engineering as a profession presents several challenges as individuals reach new levels of opportunity and professional development.This presentations will discuss natural opportunities in the workplace such as management, leadership and administration responsibilities.
Opportunities and Challenges for Young Professionals in Brazil (em Português)
Eleanor Allen, CH2M HILL Latin America Development Director
3:10 – 3:50 pm Brazil Eastern (1:10-1:50 pm U.S. Eastern)
Presentation about the Brazilian market context for young professionals in Engineering and Technology in Brazil, including information about growth areas and tips on how to deal with early career challenges
Wednesday, March 7, 2012 - Middle East/North Africa
Women Reshaping the World Through Entrepreneurship – An Intimate Discussion with Leading Female Global Entrepreneurs
4:30 – 5:30 pm Lebanon (9:30 – 10:30 am U.S. Eastern)
A unique partnership between the Marathon’s Middle East/North Africa (MENA) Region and the American Society of Civil Engineers, this candid, inspirational and game-changing conversation is lead by leading global female engineering entrepreneurs. They will share their personal journeys and stories of failure, triumph and wisdom. Designed to inspire young women who are passionate about engineering and technology to begin their own entrepreneurial journey.
- Mona Arishi, Corporate Citizenship & Corp Affairs Manager, IBM Egypt & MENA
- Dr. Rana El Chemaitelly, Instructor, Engineering and Architecture, American University of Beirut
- Dr. Patricia Galloway, CEO, Pegasus Global Holdings Inc.
- Nancy R. Tuor, Group President and Executive Sponsor for Sustainability, CH2MHILL
- Kathy Forman Frey (moderator), award-winning entrepreneur and founder, Hot Mommas®
- Dina Masri (co-moderator), Engineering Student, Telecommunications, Princess Sumaya
- University for Technology and 2012 head of technical development, IEEE PSUT student branch
Friday, March 9, 2012 – China Program and Water Panel
From Grassroots to Business to Government Initiatives: How Everyone Can Play a Role in Achieving Water Sustainability – Hosted by CH2MHILL
9:00 – 10:00 am China Eastern time, Friday, March 9
8:00 – 9:00 pm U.S. Eastern, Thursday, March 8
As the global population exceeds 7 billion and rapid urbanization continues, the challenge of sustainably managing the world’s water resources has never been greater. This panel of CH2M HILL experts will discuss how individuals, businesses, and governments around the world are taking bold actions and delivering solutions that are changing the urban water paradigm. Participants will leave with a better understanding of how everyone can play a role in achieving water sustainability.
- Karen Kabbes (moderator), President, Kabbes Engineering, Diplomate, American Academy of Water Resources and Chair, ASCE Committee on Sustainability
- Hui Chng Chan, Project Manager, CH2M HILL
- Steph Stoppenhagen, Sustainability Strategist Lead, Water Business Group, CH2M HILL
- Kate Peabody, Global Communications Strategist, Water Business Group, CH2M HILL
The Global Marathon team will e-mail registered attendees directly with login details to participate in sessions.